Covid-19 Information: For the safety of yourself and your neighbors please follow the Saskatchewan Health Authority rules for Social Distancing. The Public Health Line is: 811.
Public Health Orders
Garbage & Recycling
It is very important that the Blue Garbage Bins are only used for bagged household garbage. Leaves and other yard waste can be taken to the village leaf and tree compost area. The garbage waste program is one of the largest costs that the village has and ensuring that leaves and trees are disposed of correctly will help ensure that the garbage costs remain as low as possible.
The next potluck will be TBD at the Village Hall. Everyone is welcome. Please bring an appitizer or two and your own beverages, plates and cutlery and a dish to share.
Please note the: Onsite Wastewater Systems in Resort Villages and Organized Hamlets
Join us on Facebook
We’ve setup a Facebook Page that we can use to update followers on events, reminders and village goings on. It gives us a way to reach a larger audience and we hope you’ll go to the page and click on Like….find us at Resort Village of Big Shell.
Resort Village of
Welcome to the Resort Village of Big Shell, the place for fun, family and friends.
Update from the Village Council
It was great to see the Village filled with excitement this past May long weekend. Docks, lifts and boats were being put in. Thanks to residents for following the fire ban. Below are a few reminders and dates of events up and coming.
1. On Saturday, June 19th at 10:00 am the village will host a session by the boat launch on running both the fire truck and Half ton with water tank on its bed. This is open to any resident who are wanting to learn how to run both pieces of equipment.
2. A big thank you to the rec committee, volunteers and businesses who were involved with the installation of the new playground equipment. It looks awesome and many kids enjoyed it this long weekend.
3. Our resident bear is back. Please make sure you keep your lot clean of coolers and or garbage that may attract bears and other animals. Please make sure all garbage makes it to the bins and the lids are down. Council is looking into ways to make the bins bear proof.
4. There are a variety of geese and ducks that use the shore of the lake and islands to nest. Please refrain from getting to close to these birds and disrupting their nesting areas.
5. Resort Village of Echo Bay and Big Shell are working together to make a Lakeshore committee. Councilors from both villages attend and if any residents from Big Shell would like to join please contact Wayne Hiebert at (306) 361-5019 to get more details.